Thursday, November 26, 2009

*IMPORTANT* i am a mixed girl (black/white) can i stop relaxing my hair? without damaging or losing

I am a mixed girl who chemically relaxes my hair regularly to straighten it, however to improve my overall hair health i want to discontinue this process...will my hair fall out?? ( a constant fear of mine!!) or is the some kind of process i can go through to preserve the treated hair and the growing of the natural hair? Also, any tips for growing AND keeping long hair is reatly appreciated!!!



*IMPORTANT* i am a mixed girl (black/white) can i stop relaxing my hair? without damaging or losing it?

um im black, 17, and i havent relaxed my hair in 5 years...if you stop relaxing it, most likely your hair will start breaking off gradually over time. if you talk to a hair stylist, most of the time they recommend that that you do the "big chop" lol or cut off a large portion of your hair in other words. when i grew my relaxer out, i didnt cut it off (hell no..) it did break off gradually but my hair doesnt grow too slow so it wasnt a nightmare but you will see a big difference...i just started straightening my hair manually (blow dry/flat iron)..you should find a shampoo that doesnt dry your hair out..deep conditioner is a definite must. and before you blow dry, use a thermal protector (i use one from loreal)..its easier if you start out going to the salon. i went for maybe the first 2 and a half years and now i do my hair myself most of the time.



i also either get braids or just dont straighten my hair in the summer to give it a breather..because heat is damage too just no where as severe as chemical damage..and your hair tends to grow slighltly more in the summer so you know..



it will take time to grow back and its always good if you take care of it properly...my hair took maybe about 3 years to get down to my mid-back. and sometimes it will seem like your hair has growth spurts and **** lol seriously sometimes it just seemed like it was at a stand still...it was so worth it though because i love my poofy hair..and now i can go either way without chemicals : )



but if you absolutely dont want to lose any hair ....that might be a problem..but i dont recommend you to cute it off. it can grow out while breaking off..sunds weird but its true!



*IMPORTANT* i am a mixed girl (black/white) can i stop relaxing my hair? without damaging or losing it?

NO...even stylists say it will but I know from personal experience that if you keep it moisturized and use quality products then your hair will be fine...and you should not be chemically relaxing your hair anyway!



*IMPORTANT* i am a mixed girl (black/white) can i stop relaxing my hair? without damaging or losing it?

Hey. I have colored my hair all my life. It has become very damaged from time to time. I find that using CHOLESTEROL helps. It is over the counter and inexpensive. After you put it on wrap a very hot towel around your hair and leave it on until the towel cools. This should work without relaxing your curls. I would do this twice a week. Hope this helps!



*IMPORTANT* i am a mixed girl (black/white) can i stop relaxing my hair? without damaging or losing it?

Your hair might get a little dry afterwards but its nothing a good moistering shampoo wont correct.



The health of your hair will be better in the long run without all those relaxing gels and chemicals.



And always remember.. you're beautiful.



*IMPORTANT* i am a mixed girl (black/white) can i stop relaxing my hair? without damaging or losing it?

You should go get your hair analyzed by a beautician of color and stick with that person on a regular basis.



*IMPORTANT* i am a mixed girl (black/white) can i stop relaxing my hair? without damaging or losing it?

You have to stop perming so many times, it should only be 1 or 2 a year. If you perm your hair, you should wait about 4 or 5 months before you perm it again. Also, you have to eat healthy for you hair to grow back and go to the hair dresser(an expensive one, because they will help your hair grow back really fast). You might have to trim/cut your hair for it to gorw back because if you leave it thin it will just split and then break off making you have long and short hair.



*IMPORTANT* i am a mixed girl (black/white) can i stop relaxing my hair? without damaging or losing it?

i need the answer to this question myself......



*IMPORTANT* i am a mixed girl (black/white) can i stop relaxing my hair? without damaging or losing it?

If you grow out the relaxer, meaning do not relax your hair anymore. Your hair will begin to break.! I don't know if you have ever gone 2-3 months without relaxing, but if you do, you will actually see the two different textures of your hair. The point where the areas meet is the weakest point. This is what causes your hair to break off. You can minimize the breakage, only to a certain extent, but it unfortunately will indeed break off. It is also very difficult to deal with. I would recommend that if you are serious about it, go talk to a beautician who specializes in healthy hair - trust me beauticians are not all the same. She will possibly be able to give you tips and advice to minimize breakage, there is also a wealth of info on line about transitioning - the process of growing a relaxer out of your hair. I started to do this at the beginning of the year, but chickened out when my hair starting to break off. Maybe I will try again, when I have the courage to do the big chop. (Just cutting the relaxed ends off)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
annual credit report