Sunday, June 20, 2010

Im white N black with curly hair when i let it grow can i still grow an afro?

I'ts not going to be poofy like an afro unless you use a pickcomb, my boyfriend is black and white and has that curly hair. If you only use a little bit of conditioner when you wash your hair, and use the comb, it'll be an afro no matter how long the hair.



Im white N black with curly hair when i let it grow can i still grow an afro?

Well, I'm black, white, and mexican descent and I can't get an afro. I've tried, but I can't just wash my hair and pick it out. It's more "curly" than "kinky". So it's not about being biracial. Just hair type. Some white people can sport better afros than I can.



One way I can "fake" afro is to braid the hair in 5-8 big cornrows to the back and use some curling mousse (like Tresemme or Smooth N Shine), and let it airdry overnight (or under a dryer if you're impatient like me). In the morning, I take each braid down carefully and tease it with my hands (or use a pik).



This is called a "braidout". This works with my current hair length, since its almost reached the middle of my back, but if it's shorter it'll work too. If it's too long (like past your chest) the afro wont stand up as well and you'll look like Diana Ross (though she's glamourous anyway....)



Hope this helps out (I feel your pain....lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
annual credit report